Beautiful cards and the envelopes grow wildflowers!
All Seedlings cards are paired with a plantable seed paper envelope which is embedded with non-invasive wildflower seeds. When planted, our envelopes compost away leaving only flowers behind. Blank inside, our cards are accented with foil details and are made in the U.S.A.
Every seedling card purchased funds the removal of 10 pieces of plastic from the ocean.
- Plantable seed paper is a biodegradable eco-paper that is made with post-consumer materials (no trees harmed for this paper!) and embedded with seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, the seeds grow and the paper composts away. All that is left behind is flowers.
- Step 1: Soak paper in water overnight.
- Step 2: Fill planter with 2/3 soil + place seed paper inside. Add light layer of soil on top.
- Step 3: Place planter in a sunny spot. Water well for at least 4-6 weeks.
- Step 4: Once you see sprouts, you can choose to transplant to an outdoor area.
I would follow the instructions for the other seed card they are offering on this site.. it says soak the card overnight, replace with the thin layer of soil and water heavily for the1st 4 - 6 weeks. Check it out. Good luck L-)
Seedling Cards - 8 Styles
The cards are very nice but there are no instructions with the envelopes that contain the seeds. I can only guess that you place a thin layer of soil over the envelope and lightly water. Is that correct?
My wife loved her early bday card with the plantable envelope - seeds are already blooming!! so cool.
beautiful cards with tasteful and graceful design and feel to them. Sweet and beautiful!