Beautiful cards and the envelopes grow wildflowers!
All Seedlings cards are paired with a plantable seed paper envelope which is embedded with non-invasive wildflower seeds. When planted, our envelopes compost away leaving only flowers behind. Blank inside, these cards are accented with foil details.
Every seedling card purchased funds the removal of 10 pieces of plastic from the ocean.
- Plantable seed paper is a biodegradable eco-paper that is made with post-consumer materials (no trees harmed for this paper!) and embedded with seeds. When the paper is planted in a pot of soil, the seeds grow and the paper composts away. All that is left behind is flowers.
- Step 1: Soak paper in water overnight.
- Step 2: Fill the planter with 2/3 soil + place seed paper inside. Add a light layer of soil on top.
- Step 3: Place the planter in a sunny spot. Water well for at least 4-6 weeks.
- Step 4: Once you see sprouts, you can choose to transplant to an outdoor area.
- Seeds included: Black-Eyed Susan, Catchfly, Corn Poppy, English Daisy, Snapdragon, and Sweet Alyssum.
- Made in the USA.
I always am pleased to help remove plastics from the ocean. I am disable and I can’t really work in the garden so I purchased the “plantable seeded envelops” in high hopes that I will have flowers in my garden
I have given some out and they are well received. I look forward to a bit more variety, as most were for Mother’s Day, and I couldn’t use those. Overall, a great idea!
My daughter loved it thank you
I can't really review the cards until I know if the seeds actually sprout and grow. This will take some time.
What a novel idea , I bought it for my sister and she loved the idea. She can't wait to plant them to see all the different flowers !!!! Definitely a must buy !!!