Sponges are designed to do messy cleaning jobs, which causes them to fill up with germs quickly. That's why many experts advise tossing the stinkers often - which leads to a staggering amount of plastic trash that cannot be recycled. Once in a landfill, it could take millions of years for them to break down.
Enter our plastic-free kitchen sponges... environmentally friendly, reusable & fully biodegradable. Plus, they absorb up to 10 times their weight!
Every purchase of the Biodegradable Kitchen Sponges funds the removal of 10 pieces of plastic from the ocean.
- Pack of 2 ergonomic kitchen sponges.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable - made from wood pulp (planet cellulose).
- Absorbs up to 10 times their weight.
- Perfect for the kitchen and bathroom.
- Each sponge: 115 (I) x 65 (w) x 30 (h) mm.
- Made in the UK.
- What to do when done with your sponges? Simply bury it underground or put it in your home compost. If your community collects food waste for composting, you can also put the sponge in the food waste bin.
I absolutely love these sponges. They last a long time and I can throw them away and not feel guilty. I can't tell the difference in these sponges and others that aren't biodegradable. Best of all, they aren't expensive!!
Just received and love the sponges and the fact they are so environmental and vegan.
These do work very well, and I'm glad I tried them as a replacement for our usual Scotch-Brite sponges.
I was a little worried about the reviews that say these are too thick, since I have small hands, but it isn't an issue at all. I think they are just fine. And I love the fact that these do not contain plastic.
I'm happy to find one more way in which to decrease my use of plastic in all of its various forms. Thanks for providing this product.
IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THEY DO NOT CONTAIN PLASTIC.