All cards are made with plantable seed paper — a biodegradable eco-paper that is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials collected from schools and businesses (no trees harmed in the making!). The cards are printed with water-based inks (~80%). The remainder of the ink is pigments, which are tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they do not leave harmful residues in soil. The only other ingredient? Seeds!
The paper includes 7 different types of wildflowers seeds, including:
Bird's Eye - Annual
Clarkia - Annual
Black Eyed Susan - Perennial
Catchfly - Annual
Snapdragon - Annual
English Daisy - Perennial
Sweet Alyssum - Annual
- soak the seed paper in water overnight.
- loosen the soil (outdoor) or fill a pot with potting soil (indoor).
- remove a light layer of soil and place the seed paper.
- add the light layer of soil back over the top of the seed paper to retain moisture.
- water generously, especially for the first 4-6 weeks.
- enjoy your wildflowers!
Hoping the seeds bloom - finger's crossed! This was a gift so we'll see.
Very nice! More birthday cards would be great!
These cards come with seeds for wildflowers/ It's an extra gift for the recipient.
Gift to my sister who thought it was one of the most creative things she had ever seen. She was excited to plant her seeds.
More than a greeting card. People that receive this will be enjoying it for years to come.