Compostable Sandwich Bags (25pk)
Finally, compostable zipper bags!
Zipper bags are successful for a reason: they work well, they’re convenient, and when you’re done, you just throw them away. But this convenience takes a toll on the environment because plastic bags never break down. These do, they become earth.
Every purchase of these Compostable Sandwich Bags funds the removal of 10 pieces of plastic from the ocean.
- Features: Leak resistant, resealable, fridge, and freezer safe
- Made with plants: (PLA & PBAT) that break down into carbon and water
- Compostable: Meets internationally-recognized standards to safely biodegrade in municipal or commercial composting facilities
- Size: 6.5in x 5.9in | 16.5cm x 14.9cm | 25 bags per box
- Ideal for: peanut butter and jelly, turkey and cheese, hummus and veggie—whichever sandwich tickles your fancy! Not hungry? These are perfect travel and home organization companions, too.
Good alternative to plastic sandwich bags work nicely!
These are amazing, while I HATE plastic baggies, sometimes you need something like it, this fits the bill amazingly, and I don't feel bad using it!
I like that they are compostable and eco friendly. I gave them a 4 because several were very hard to open and I ended up ripping the seal off one trying to open it. I do like having an alternative to the plastic ones. I hope they restock the larger size as they were sold out.
Strong with a nice zipper, but the best part is it not toxic plastic.
I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to recycling, so having to wash sandwich bags before recycling them was getting to be time consuming. When I checked the “Free the Ocean” site and found compostable ones I was thrilled. They cost a few cents more than the major brands on sale, but they are worth the price!