Sponges are designed to do messy cleaning jobs, which causes them to fill up with germs quickly. That's why many experts advise tossing the stinkers often - which leads to a staggering amount of plastic trash that cannot be recycled. Once in a landfill, it could take millions of years for them to break down.
Enter our plastic-free kitchen sponges... environmentally friendly, reusable & fully biodegradable. Plus, they absorb up to 10 times their weight!
Every purchase of the Biodegradable Kitchen Sponges funds the removal of 10 pieces of plastic from the ocean.
- Pack of 2 ergonomic biodegradable kitchen sponges.
- 100% biodegradable - made from wood pulp (planet cellulose)
- Absorbs up to 10 times their weight.
- Perfect for the kitchen and bathroom.
- Each sponge: 115 (I) x 65 (w) x 30 (h) mm.
- Made in the UK.
- What to do when done with your sponges? Simply bury it underground or put it in your home compost. If your community collects food waste for composting, you can also put the sponge in the food waste bin.
These sponges work as well, if not better, than regular ones that are made with plastic. I am eager to see how they break down after they are ready to be disposed. I would like to see some that are about half the thickness as well. I will definitely order more despite the length of time it took for them to arrive.
We bought for a second time great long lasting product.
They are hand size, and wash well in the dishwasher.
I buy these sponges because they are plastic free and biodegradable ...but wish they were not so thick! I end up "slicing" the sponge in half so it is easier to hold and handle, however in doing so and due to it's curved shape, I believe it wears down faster....hmmm, perhaps this is why it is not thinner? Will continue using regardless!
The sponge does a wonderful job! Feels good in my hand and is so bubbly! Can't wait to try more products!