Free the Ocean
Plantable Greeting Card: Sending Hugs
All cards are made with plantable seed paper — a biodegradable eco-paper that is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials collected from schools and businesses (no trees harmed in the making!). The cards are printed with water-based inks (~80%). The remainder of the ink is pigments, which are tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they do not leave harmful residues in soil. The only other ingredient? Seeds!
The paper includes 7 different types of wildflowers seeds, including:
Bird's Eye - Annual
Clarkia - Annual
Black Eyed Susan - Perennial
Catchfly - Annual
Snapdragon - Annual
English Daisy - Perennial
Sweet Alyssum - Annual
- soak the seed paper in water overnight.
- loosen the soil (outdoor) or fill a pot with potting soil (indoor).
- remove a light layer of soil and place the seed paper.
- add the light layer of soil back over the top of the seed paper to retain moisture.
- water generously, especially for the first 4-6 weeks.
- enjoy your wildflowers!