All cards are made with plantable seed paper — a biodegradable eco-paper that is made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials collected from schools and businesses (no trees harmed in the making!). The cards are printed with water-based inks (~80%). The remainder of the ink is pigments, which are tested by a 3rd party lab to ensure they do not leave harmful residues in soil. The only other ingredient? Seeds!
The paper includes 7 different types of wildflowers seeds, including:
Bird's Eye - Annual
Clarkia - Annual
Black Eyed Susan - Perennial
Catchfly - Annual
Snapdragon - Annual
English Daisy - Perennial
Sweet Alyssum - Annual
- soak the seed paper in water overnight.
- loosen the soil (outdoor) or fill a pot with potting soil (indoor).
- remove a light layer of soil and place the seed paper.
- add the light layer of soil back over the top of the seed paper to retain moisture.
- water generously, especially for the first 4-6 weeks.
- enjoy your wildflowers!
I just love these plantable cards. Everyone I have sent one to has been delighted.
I love the plantable greeting cards...I have never seen them...and look forward to planting..Thank you
I bought some for my daughter-in-law and also, for myself, but we haven't had a chance to plant them yet. But, we will!
Plantable Greeting Cards
Very nice card. It makes you feel good to give something that is a good resource to our planet.